New Broadband Connection

Nakauwi ako mga bandang 8am kasi kumain pa kami sa mcdo with my team mates. I was so excited to go home kasi kakabit lang ng SmartBro ko. Syempre, wireless broadband! Hehehe!

I was able to get on quickly kasi kapitbahay ko lang yung cellsite na gamit ng smart. After a few minutes of surfing, the connection went down. Being a tech support representative I checked my connections; making sure that my network card is able to detect the wireless receiver. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, I decided to call my ISP's helpdesk as that is the only thing I havent done.

May load pa naman ako kaya malakas ang loob ko magtatawag (mayaman!). I texted the installer who came here and I got their support hotline 6727277 or if I'm on Smart, *1888. Since I'm on Globe, i used the landline number.

Their waiting time is 7minutes. Im not sure why it took that long pero definitely yung service level nila bumababa (call center terms hehehe) dahil matagal nilang sagutin yung call. I got tired of holding the handset so I used speaker phone. Finally, may sumagot. Joseph pangalan. The usual spiel. Tatanungin yung account number mo and then name mo. I patiently answered every question while containing myself from making him proceed to check on my connection and cut the crappy interview.

After getting the information needed, he asked permission to place me on hold while he's going to check on the status of the problem. Then after a few seconds instead of hearing the usual hold music i heard a busy tone. Now, being a call center representative I would definitely conclude that he did that on purpose. Nagpanting ang tenga ko but then I realized pareho lang kami ng trabaho and sometimes nagawa ko na rin yun (releasing or dropping calls). So, I went down and bought a smart sim to call the helpdesk again.

I got steve this time and he was very professional. He began checking on my connection. Gusto ko na syang barahin kasi I know my pc detects the device they have installed but I remained patient. After a few minutes of answering crappy questions, he placed me on hold because he had to verify the issue with their base station. at yun nga, may outage sa lugar ko. So we ended that call kasi wala talaga kaming magagawa. Ayoko mangaway kasi I know what feels like being in their shoes as we have the same job. And knowing that Im using wireless connection, it's still subject to interferrence.

Tinulugan ko na lang. By 5PM, nichecko uli at yun! Gumana na!

Comments

Gracy said…
naks!! sosyal na..naka dsl na! hehehe.. link kita sa blog ko ha? hihihi..muah!
Ymon said…
hehehe! pede pa ako siguro kumarir ng online business or job sa internet di ba?
Gracy said…
syemps! hahaha... ano balak mo?
Gracy said…
hahahaha.. ganyan lagi ako eh.. hahaha sa pldt. nakakaasar!
hxero said…
ako nakakakuha ng wi-fi signal sa kapitbahay ko na school... pag me pasok sa school me signal, pag wla nawawala din
Ymon said…
Heheheh! At least matututo kang mag match ng schedule ng mga estudyante.
Ako said…
globe's tech support didn't hang up on me... but it was still really useless. unfortunately, pag local call center talaga minsan ganyan ang support. parang mas marami ka pang alam sa kanila.

Popular Posts